DURATION: One Year from the date of enrollment and admissions are open throughout the year. ( However the deadline can be extended under Special Circumstances)
ADMISSION: Any time of the year
MODE OF EDUCATION: Through Distance Education
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION :English
NEED FOR COUNSELLORS :
There is a growing demand for counsellors in schools, rehabilitation centres, clinics/hospitals, special education centres, centres for people with challenges, geriatric centres, remedial study centres, vocational/Career guidance programmes, welfare organizations, nursing profession, hotels/hospitality industry (tourism & travel), adoption agencies, remand homes, marriage/family help centres, helpline services – Suicide prevention/child helpline, etc., centres for widows/abused women/divorcees, HIV/AIDS patients counselling centres, NGOs/International agencies, support groups for alcoholics/drugs and other substance users, jails/correction centres, tribal welfare organizations, community-based mental health programmes, police training centres, ethnic and human relations programmes, and legislative/environmental agencies. In furtherance of its objectives and in view of the felt need for counsellors with basic knowledge of psychological counselling, the Institute has begun a one-year diploma course offered through the distance mode.
This is a bridge course between those who wish to offer their services to the society but do not have any understanding of psychology or counselling. There are several volunteers who are working in the social service sector because of their desire to serve those in need of help. Therefore, this diploma is most valuable in terms of a huge need that it seeks to meet. It is also a service to society at large.
- The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University -Indian/Foreign (proof of degree is essential)
- The course is open to candidates from India and abroad.
However, the award of the diploma in counselling is subject to the candidate submitting his/her degree certificate.
- The fee for the course is Rs.15,500/- (all inclusive)
- For Non-Indian Nationals is Rs. 20,000/- (all inclusive)
Under no circumstances will the fee be refunded.
How to enroll ?
- Download and take a printout of the application form from this site. Fill in the application form and enclose the following documents:
- Photocopy of degree certificate
- Photocopy of proof of age (SSC certificate, etc.)
- Affix one photo in the application form and send one extra photograph for the Identity Card
- DD for Rs.15,500/- or Rs.20,000 (as applicable to you) drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Counselling”payable at New Delhi.
Net banking is also available. The details would be provided if required.Once we receive these documents, send us a mail and we will proceed with sending you the study material and assignments.
Paper I: Foundations of Human Behavior
Paper II: Introduction to Clinical Psychology
Paper III: Research methodology and statistics
Paper IV: Psychological Testing (Theory)
Paper V: Counselling Psychology
Paper VI: Independent Research Project / Internship
The PROJECT WORK has to be carried out in consultation with the Course Director’s approval and supervision.
- A thesis would have to be submitted at the end of the work. The thesis should be based on fieldwork/case studies, etc.
- The thesis should be about 100 to 150 typed pages (double space).
- A counselling intervention is to be included.
- In lieu of the project work, the student can attach himself/ herself to an organization where counselling work is carried out and complete an Internship programme of a minimum of 2 months. A certificate of having completed the internship has to be submitted along with the thesis. The internship could be used to collect the data along with counselling intervention.
- The dissertation can be submitted for evaluation at the end of the internship period.
EVALUATION SYSTEM: :
Handwritten assignment answers are not acceptable
The Institute will send assignments to students which need to be answered in the student’s own words after reading the study material and then sent back to the institute by post as a hard copy for evaluation. Answers must be printed in double space and sent by courier or air mail. The assignments are aimed at testing the student’s understanding of the concepts involved, details of the theories (if any) and the background of the topic. So it is important to read the study material carefully while preparing the answers. The performance of each student will be assessed at the end of each semester as per the assignment schedule.
Things you need to know about the course –
- There are no classes. We provide you the study material. This would be followed up by sending you the assignment questions to your email ID.
- You are required to read it, understand the contents and then answer the assignments questions. All the answers to the individual papers are to be completed, keyed into the computer, a print out taken and then sent as a hard copy, for evaluation.
- All the papers, for which assignments are sent, need to be completed. You have 10 months to complete all the written assignments for the papers.
- Towards the end of the final paper you can think and plan either your individual research or internship. You have 2 months to complete this project.
- The thesis has to be submitted in a typed form. It should be of about 100-120 type written pages. It should be bound. The format and content is given separately.
- If you are doing an internship, the supervisor has to provide an internship certificate where the following details need to be provided.
- The place of internship.
- The duration of the internship with dates
- The nature of the activities engaged in by the intern.
- The observations/remarks of the supervisor.
- The internship report would have to be submitted in a spiral bound form where the student has to mention all the details of the internship and the learning that took place during the period.
- Only upon successful completion of the written work and the thesis/ internship would be diploma be awarded.
P.S. – We are not affiliated to any university. There is no UGC or RCI recognition. The Indian Institute of Counselling is registered as an Educational Trust and the diploma will be awarded by the name of
Indian Institute of Counselling.